LLP Service Provider Partners
We are announcing that as of July 1st 2017, King County is beginning interim operations of the Landlord Liaison Project in cooperation with the City of Seattle. For the rest of 2017 Amanda Pleasant-Brown will be the primary point of contact for property manager and owner inquiries and Elliot Swanson will be the primary point of contact for service providers and LLP clients. A permanent operator of LLP will be established in early 2018. We are committed to ensuring no participating property manager or client experiences a gap in the services on which they trust and depend. As of July 1st, you can rely on Amanda and Elliot at King County to assist you with the following:
Interim LLP Services as of July 1st, 2017:
- Review and process landlord risk reduction claims for all eligible clients
- Provide rent and client assistance and limited eviction prevention assistance
- Provide referrals to community service providers on an as needed basis
- Assist with housing placement and move-in costs only for clients who have already been accepted for LLP services, but do not have a housing placement yet.
Risk reduction funds and rental assistance will be available to partner landlords based on initial client lease dates as specified below.
- For clients with initial lease signing dates between 7/1/2015 – 12/31/2016, supports will continue for two years following lease signing date.
- For clients with initial lease dates between 1/1/2017 – 6/30/2017, supports will continue for 18 months following lease date.
During the interim phase LLP is NOT able to provide the following:
- Accept new referrals
- Provide financial assistance for move-in costs including deposits, screening fees or first months rent
- Provide interventions for clients experiencing behavioral health challenges
King County, City of Seattle and United Way of King County continue efforts to design a new program that supports property owners/managers to help end homelessness by housing individuals and families. We will update you as we have additional information and would appreciate your feedback as we continue this work. If you have thoughts about how this long-term program should operate, please complete the form at:
Thank you for your past and continued participation in the Landlord Liaison Project. Over the last 10 years, thanks to your partnership and participation, LLP has been able to house 7,000 individuals and families. We look forward to continuing work with you to end homelessness in King County.
Do not hesitate to contact Amanda Pleasant Brown at (206) 263-0790, firstname.lastname@example.org or Elliot Swanson at (206) 263-0605, email@example.com if you require assistance with a resident enrolled with LLP or have any questions or concerns.
Please feel free to visit the current LLP website at http://kingcounty.gov/depts/community-human-services/housing/services/homeless-housing/landlord-liaison-project.aspx for additional information about the program and updates on the future of LLP.